ENGLISH COMMUNICATION SKILLS LABORATORY
ABOUT THE LAB
English is a language of opportunities and it plays a vital role in securing desirable employment. Accuracy and fluency in the use of language are very essential. Technology – aided learning has started playing a significant role in the pursuit of language learning. The state – of -the – art language laboratory which has been established aims at facilitating the learners to gain mastery in the use of English. It enables the students to expedite the process of improving learning skill with more emphasis on LSRW (Learning, Speaking, Reading, and Writing) leading to desirable employability. The language lab intends to develop the confidence level of students and it would motivate them to use their language skills outside the classroom as well. The technology thus fulfills all the needs of language learners and educators.
- To enhance the proficiency of the students in all four primary skills (LSRW) of English through computer aided teaching.
- To emphasize the importance of English as a medium of learning academic subjects.
- To facilitate the students to shed fear and anxiety while using English and to overcome their mother tongue influence
- To equip students with confidence to undergo placement training programs through round the year practice in small presentations, group discussions, debates and mock interviews
- To provide every student enough time to practice the components of the language through repeated exposures.
- To make them aware of the need to learn better pronunciation through stress on word accent, intonation and rhythm.
An exclusive language laboratory with advanced software is available. The language lab has an excellent education teaching material production facilities in the form of audio – studio with duplication facilities of audio and video software equipment and the peripheral equipment have been locally procured. The entire equipment has been housed in an acoustically treated and centrally air-conditioned language lab. The language lab room would be used for about 6 hours per week.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE COMMUNICATION SKILLS LAB:
The students are given training in the areas of
- Conversational English
- Language skills
- Soft skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Decision making skills
- Business communication
- Group discussion
- Pre-placement training
- Corporate readiness
- Formal and informal situation
- Resume preparation
- E-mail writing
- PPT Preparation and presentation
- Communication oriented English Club Activities
Lab Coordinator : K. Sashi Kiran, Associate Professor.