INDUSTRY INSTITUTE INTERACTION CELL
Better interaction between Institutions and Industry is the need of an hour. For students it is important because they get exposure to industry and subsequent placement in various disciplines. On the other hand, with the advent of globalization and opening up of Indian economy to outside world, competition among the industries has become stiff. So industries also need good students who are well aware of industry standards and capable of achieving so. Therefore, there is an urgent need of interaction of industry and academics where academic institutes can prepare students for jobs in multinational companies and industry will also be benefited by possibility of receiving well-trained workforce. For this to become reality bridging the gap between industry and the academic institute is a must and for this, an Industry Institute Interaction Cell (IIIC) was established in 2007 at Rajiv Gandhi institute of management science Kakinada.
TO PROMOTE INDUSTRY INSTITUTION INTERACTION
TO BE A CENTER FOR RESEARCH, CONSULTANCY, ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND NURTURING MBA’S WITH PRACTICAL EXPOSURE.
- To cultivate the strong links with industry
- To promote various industrial activities by the faculty members and students.
- To catalyze the further growth and development of interaction between the Institute and Industry.
- To have a closer linkage and promote research suited to industry needs, and consultancy which creates a sense of owning among faculty members.
- To enable academics to take a sabbatical in industries; provide internships for students in industries, which will prepare the students better for entering the industry;
- To motivate and develop MBA’s towards entrepreneurship through interaction with entrepreneurship development bodies.
- To interact with various industrial and research organizations in different fields and sectors to promote various forms of interactions.
Planned Activities under Industry-Institute Interaction Cell:
- Industrial Research & Consultancy
- Sponsored industrial research
- Research guidance from industry
- Solutions for field problems
- Visiting faculty from industry
- Internship for MBA’s students
- Workshops on trends in business environment.
- Industrial visits